I thought this post would be a fun way to show you the kind of person I am behind the hair and makeup. So here are 2o things about me that have nothing to do with what I do for a living.
1. I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You can read more about what I believe HERE.
2. I drive a minivan and if that is wrong than I don’t want to be right! I love everything about my minivan and it is the best car I have ever owned!
3. My favorite color is pale robin’s egg blue but I also love black.
4. My favorite foods are pizza, seafood, coca cola, and anything chocolate and peanut butter. (No, I am not a health nut!)
5. Skyler (the hubby) and I had an amazing honeymoon and went to Cancun Mexico but we were having so much fun we didn’t take the time to snap a single pic!! Ah! So sad!
6. I love baking desserts more than making dinner so invite me over for dinner and ask me to bring a dessert.
7. I love going for walks/hikes with my kids and I joined a hiking group for moms with Rebecca from hikelikeawoman.com
8. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love eating good food and being with family and thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for.
9. I love movies and can’t pick just one favorite but some movies I have seen recently and loved are The Grand Budapest Hotel and Blue Jasmine.
10. I love comedy tv and some of my all time favorite tv shows are Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Flight of the Conchords.
11. My biggest pet peeve is when people are not understanding like when people don’t understand that I have two young kids and very simple tasks can be hard for me. (Most people are understanding but once or twice I have run into someone who is not and it has ruined my day)
12. My favorite places to shop for my kiddos is H & M and CRAZY 8.
13. I have an older sister and a younger brother but my family is so much bigger because of all my husband’s brothers and sisters (4 brothers and 2 sisters) and everyone is married. I really love my big family!
14. I have 19 nieces and nephews and a niece on the way! My nephew Daniel is 2. He is currently fighting cancer. It has been a pretty hard struggle for him and the family. Love that little guy. You can donate to him HERE.
15. In my spare time, (ha ha, spare time, good one!) I like to sleep and laugh. I know saying I like to laugh sounds so cheesy but I seriously love a good laugh so much that I had to write it down and I can be quite a comedian!
16. If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is pay off all of my family’s debt.
17. I hate debt and I hate that it has become part of life. I really love DAVE RAMSEY and his philosophies.
18. I love to swim. Someday, I would like to have a nice swimming pool in my yard even if I live somewhere cold!
19. The children’s book “If You Give a Moose a Muffin” was written about me (and all those other books in the series). I am never satisfied with just one thing. I always want more out of people and more out of life. It’s a blessing and a curse.
20. I was on the Speech and Debate Team at Boise State University; my contributions were so minor to the team though I feel inadequate to claim that but I did meet some of the most amazing people through this organization.
Whew! I used to love filling out questionnaires about myself but I will be honest that was a little hard for me to write! I hope this gives you all a better idea of who I am and what I am all about! Thanks!